Tuesday, February 6, 2018

RECENT PURCHASES


THE SHIRT 

The shirt is from Miss Brown Vintage who have branches in several cities in Australia. The store I bought the shirt from was from Melbourne Central ( just under the big clock... Melbournians know what I mean! ) I am a massive shirts addict as I feel like they suit me and because I live in jeans they go well with my growing collection of denim. I also love prints and these stars are just too pretty to pass up. The shirt itself is new but is stocked under a vintage brand. I like how some vintage stores stock new items because the design and colouring look vintage but they're new which means longer wear and shelf life.

THE BANGLES 
I've been eyeing bangles ( and jewellery in general ) for a bit now and have been wondering if I can pull off wearing more jewellery in my day to day. I visited Sydney road the other day to do some thrifting at Savers and came across Scavengers which is where I picked up these bangles. One is an old See by Chloe one ( eyed them in Japan but at $300, I couldn't ) and another is simply a navy blue one. I'll definitely be wearing the See by Chloe one often because I actually own a lot of neutral toned clothes on top of my patterned clothes and the pinkey orange will look good with the neutral stuff.


THE SCARF 
You can get this scarf at Ishka's sale which is still going HERE. A lot of really great things are on sale both in their shops and online. I'm not sure how Paisley crept into my radar as I've never particularly cared for it. But that's how things go sometimes. You never care until one day you realise you do! I'm so excited to wear this with my trench coat and beige turtle necks once the weather turns chilly again. The material is also very soft and warm which will make it perfect for layering in winter. 


THE SCRUB 
The price point for Soap and Glory's stuff is excellent if you're looking for a treat for yourself but don't want to go over $25. In fact, most of their products fall below that price point which is awesome. I love their pink packaging and don't even mind their scents despite the fact I prefer mild to no scent most of the time with shampoos and shower gels. You can find it here at Mecca. 


Flat lay fabric from The Fabric Store 

Do any of you who shop often and enjoy it feel guilty? Sometimes I get a pinch of guilt when I buy things because I know I should be trying to be more vigilant with my money even if I can technically afford small things here and there. But in all honesty, most if not all of my purchases are always  inexpensive. I don't think you need to spend a lot in order to get a lot. I get so much joy from vintage and second hand items. I get the same thrill from getting second hand items as I do with new ones! An items value isn't always reflected in the tag!

Have you guys bought anything you loved recently? Tell me about it in the comments below! 


4 comments:

  1. my notes: a. the scrub...i love. i have a huge bottle of body wash and some hand lotion here and there. b. more jewelry...yes! i just came off a simple minimal jewelry 6 year run but now my favorite thing is big earrings! c. nah girl, i don't feel guilty. i have a budget so its allowed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha love it! Yeah I shop a lot but I never buy anything HUGE and overly expensive. I am finding it more rewarding to invest in bigger and more expensive pieces though but I still get satisfaction from cheaper, second hand items.

      Delete
  2. Oh my I kinda totally love that shirt! It's definitely got a modern, yet vintage vibe. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Haha, I'm always trying to look more 'mature' because I have a pretty young looking face but it just gets thrown out of the window when I see cute prints like that!

      Delete

Don't be shy ;-)