Tuesday, December 26, 2017

CHRISTMAS GIFTS

Can't wait to use my new satiny pillowcases tonight 💕


I am SO happy with my new towel and pillow case from Sheridan. The prices were terrific for the quality of linen they have. The pillowcase feels amazing. In the shop they had a rack with samples of each thread count and material and I settled for the 400 thread count soft sateen 

Thought I'd share with you guys some of the things that I received ( and bought for myself ) for Christmas. My friend Margaret and I went to Chadstone yesterday to do the Boxing day sales and it was crazy. I couldn't believe how ignorant I was about how busy it was going to be and had this naively easygoing day planned. It was really chaotic and we even saw a shop lifter running mercilessly away from a shop assistant who was chasing after him. I think overall, the Chadstone boxing day sales are absolutely worth it though. The discounts weren't small. I got lots of great items for pretty heavily reduced prices. Margaret and I had a really, really fun day.

We ate food at the food court, then got some juices and just browsed all the stores that we fancied. Margaret bought some notebooks for classes she had next year, a book and also a really nice new coat from Zara that looked great on her. I knew that I was in the market for towels, homewares and a dress. I got some of the things I wanted and some I didn't but overall, I was super happy with my purchases! I'm not sure if the sales still go on after Boxing day, but if they do then you should definitely check it out.

Margaret and I were goofing around touching all the towels and wondering if we could guess which ones were the most expensive just by feel. I felt that this one was the most fluffy feeling and my mind was made

Going by feel is the best way to decide which linen is best for you. We asked the shop assistant at Sheridan how people choose their linen and she said that that was the overriding factor.

I'll never say no to another addition to my already packed bookcase! Especially if it's an Art or photo book like this one. 

I really love this amazing book that Margaret gave me for Christmas. It's super appropriate since my love for interior decorating just grows every single day, more and more and I need photography to learn and to experience rooms and spaces that I have no way of getting to. Books by Taschen are always high quality and just stunning. In my mind they're equal to Phaidon, which is another line of books that I always obsess over! I can't wait to get more inspiration and ideas from this book. Thanks Marg! 


The lemon trees here are gorgeous! 


Finally, I got myself this top from Zara. I actually really like Zara's clothing, even if most of it is kind of overpriced. I originally wanted to get a dress for myself, but to be honest finding dresses for me is no easy feat. They don't fit properly because I'm not tall enough and because I'm small framed, I can't wear long dresses and annoyingly, that's all they seem to sell these days. I don't own much black so when I tried this on and it looked good, I had to get it just to fill that 'black' corner that's missing in my life. What kinds of things did you guys get for Christmas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)