Thursday, February 8, 2018

LUST LIST : AMARA, MISSONI.COM, SAFARI LIVING, YOOX & MYTHERESA

Monday's shop visit to Safari Living felt like an homage to Missoni already but today's post looks at their range of products in more detail. I haven't been so swept up in a label in ages and I feel like there's just so many beautiful things to show from their label and so here are my picks for both the home and in fashion from Amara, Missoni, YOOX and Mytheresa in today's post.


From Top going Right : Temperance ThrowFlower Bath MatTimothy PillowcaseTucumcari CushionTibault Duvet CoverTolomeo Hooded Bathrobe


I suppose there's nothing too deep about why I love Missoni. The colours and the patterns are gorgeous and that's why I am drawn to the label. But Missoni also have an air of a perpetual holiday to its image. Their clothes and homewares are what you'd expect to see in a holiday house, not necessarily an everyday home and I am always drawn to elements of escapism in any guise.

Missoni evokes images of the desert, lush rainforests, pool side idling and beachy breezes to me. They're not the images that usually underpin my aesthetic in clothing and homewares ( I hate the beach and I hate summer! ) but despite it all, I am still drawn to Missoni's aesthetic and taste palette. Surprisingly, the things you like don't always fall into your usual safety net of preferences which is good. I think it's necessary to get beyond your experiences, sometimes. Missoni know colour and they know pattern and I value those skills.
From left to right : LeftCenterRight
How stunning are their beach and bath towels? They divide their towels into men's and women's which I thought was funny but I think it's just based on sizing. Nobody's going to know! These patterns would look so bright and beautiful under the sun against the sand on a beach, don't you think? I'm pretty sure I haven't been to the beach in about four or five years but towels are definitely staples of a comfortable and well kept home, in my opinion.

From Left to Right : LeftCenterRight


My eternal quest to look more mature dies when I see these pieces here. Their vibrancy and eye catching colours reel me in like a moth to a flame. The great thing about patterns is that they actually suit everyone. The reason being, the pattern funnily enough recedes into the background and actually brings the wearer's features, hair colour and skin tone into the foreground. Having black hair myself makes colours pop even more. Having said that, I don't really wear much colour but prefer to use it in my paintings or just in and around my home. I would absolutely make an exception for Missoni though.


Left to Right : Left, Center, Right 

Those pants are so dreamy. Perfect for parties and if you're brave enough, just everyday wear. The head band is also stunning. Having bright colour but in small, concentrated spaces allows them to stand out even more and this headband would pair perfectly with red or blonde hair ( actually with all hair colours now I think about it ). The dress is amazing, needless to say. I'd wear it with a pair of  metallic shoes or a pair of knee high black leather boots.

Left to Right : LeftRight Both Fabric Swatches by Missoni. View the full range HERE By Safari Living
Left, Right

Couldn't really pass up showing you some of the stunning Missoni fabric swatches. I think the catalogue online shows you in detail the entire rack of fabrics which I took a photo of on Monday's post about Safari Living. So much variation and inventiveness in all the different fabrics. They've got the zig zag down pat but they're not relying on that as their only tour de force. It just goes to show that there are so many ideas and combinations out there just waiting to be discovered. 

Left, Right 
Left, Right 


Full Price and Material Details HERE

In writing this blog and going on so many outings to look at shops and homewares, I am starting to be able to clearly and succinctly give an elevator pitch of what my style is centered around. Missoni is now the latest addition along with the Saint Laurent movie by Bertrand Bonello and Roger Sterlings office in Season 4 of Mad Men ( maybe it's a thoughtful idea to make a collage of all these things in the near future? ) One of the most frustrating things for me, is when people ask what things I like and I just give a really watery and vague answer when the vision is so bold and clear in my mind. You are so confident in what you think you know until you have to bring it out into the open.


Full Price and Details HERE 

What did you think about my picks? Do you have any favourite Missoni pieces? What brands are you liking this month? Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)