Thursday, March 15, 2018

LATEST PURCHASES : WRANGLER, COS, UNIQLO, ASOS



 Guys, I know what you're thinking. Yalei has a shopping problem. I totally don't blame you for thinking it but I wish I didn't have this feeling of needing to justify my spending but I swear that my funds are totally under control! Haha, how do I even lead on from here? I decided to go to Chadstone on the Labour day long weekend because Chadstone is seriously one of my happy places. It sounds so silly to have a shopping center as your happy place, but whenever I go there I immediately switch to Chadstone mode which is literally forget your problems, your responsibilities, your anxieties - just browse, look and shop. 



If that isn't the best PR spin then I don't know what is and the funniest thing is, it's totally true. I had one thing in mind when I went there and that was to get the Rayon blouse from uniqlo. This is my FAVOURITE item from Uniqlo. I own three of them now - the light blue, the navy blue and the white. These feel so good on, really silky and slinky and they fall on the body in the most flattering shape. Right now they're reduced to $39.90 so I knew I had to grab the light blue which I'd been coveting for a long time. 



When I find a good print that I like, usually there's a 95% chance of me purchasing. That figure ups to 100% if the cut of the top is good. Good patterns are very hard to find. Usually most of them are either too retro, too naff or just wrong in general. This one was perfect because it's modern and not retro or naff at all. I tried it on and the colour was super flattering as well. I also liked it because it's quite reminiscent of the tie dye tops that Proenza Schouler did as shown here


Although denim is worn by pretty much everybody, it's still a common complaint I hear around with women ( especially, dunno about guys too much ) that denim shopping is a pain in the ass. I get where they're coming from because jeans are very hard to work with and double so if you're trying on REAL denim. For me though, denim is my favourite item of clothing. I think I own around five or six pairs of jeans which I think is a lot but I am definitely looking to start buying more pricey denim because let me tell you, the fit and feel is SO different from regular denim. 


I bought these Wranglers yesterday from Universal store. It was so funny because I went in with no intention of buying anything and ended up leaving the store with these. I don't regret the purchase one bit though because they fit perfectly. They slim me down and make my legs look longer than they are and best of all, they're real denim. It made me see that more times than not, you get what you pay for because these are my most expensive pair ( $140 ) but they feel as if they are.


Asos is like my go to when I'm literally bored and have nothing to do and want to browse somewhere that's cheap and affordable but still has good designs that are gonna look good. I haven't bought from them in a while but its made somewhat of a resurgence for me and this top is the latest item I've bought from them. You can have a look at it here, it's still on sale. I've gotten more into wearing darker colours lately because I've actually been making myself do it. I'm more of a light colours girl - beiges, greys, whites and the like. But dark colours have that instant maturity factor and you know how I'm always on that journey of trying to look older. 



I really love this top for its flowy shape and also the embroidery detail on the front. It's a really flattering top that would suit all body shapes and sizes and looks awesome with just a simple necklace and some jeans.

Denfair design loop is officially on now and I've got some events I'm going to go to for PFF. Keep your eyes peeled next week for those entries! There'll be photos of lots of nice furniture and tapestries and textiles as well. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend

Also, if you're interested here's my latest published piece on Est about A-Place, a new concept air bnb located in Warsaw, Poland 


Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)