Sunday, March 11, 2018

THE LUST LIST : CULTIVER LINEN


Linen is fast rising in the ranks of items that I spend less time contemplating about prior to purchase when I'm out shopping. So far, the only things which have made it into this category are food and clothing. I said it before in my most recent recent purchases entry  but bedding is something that touches our skin and that we use every single day. Anything that meets those two categories is well worth the spend.

" We are inspired by a way of life that embraces quality and timelessness in the things we use most frequently" Cultiver source


I'm finding bedding to even be fun to browse and look at when I'm out, something that's only ever been true for clothing and accessories so you can imagine how my interest was piqued when I encountered Cultiver on my instagram feed. Their branding is stunning. I love their use of muted colours, their design and their philosophy which aptly fits into my own in regards to daily use items.


Linen Duvet Cover Sets in Pinstripe & White 

This pinstripe duvet cover is beautiful. I love that it reads as grey but up close it's the classic and versatile pinstripe pattern. Subtle patterns are perfect for bedding because they provide just enough visual texture for there to be something going on, but they aren't distracting or jarring - two things which aren't exactly conducive to creating a relaxing and calm space



Of course I had to include white into the mix as well. A heavy, white duvet is the ultimate winter dream. Waking up to a cold, crisp morning under your white duvet covers to a Saturday of toast, coffee and new youtube videos - this is my idea of heaven!  




Most of you probably know that I'm a sucker for a pretty pattern and all of these are just gorgeous! Owning a quiet coloured couch is a smart idea when you can dress it up with all these pretty possibilities. Materials wise, they are made of silk velvet so you can just imagine how comfy they are against the skin.




Robes are such a luxe way to look after ourselves beyond face masks and expensive skin care. Nobody really uses them and they're not a necessity but absolutely offer that extra bit of looking after that all of us can appreciate. This one is made of Turkish Cotton and would make the best throw on after a shower or in the morning as you make your morning brew. 



White is the best colour for linen. It exudes cleanliness, minimalism and ease all at once and instantly brightens up any room. I'm a pattern lover for textiles and upholstery but when it comes to bedding, all my money will be going towards white or light coloured bedding. Their linen sheet set comes in a really wide range of sizes ( surprising ) and you can tell by looking at the photos at how satiny soft they'd be in real life


A light green like this one is one of my favourite colours for both the home and in clothing. These pillow cases add some colour without being obtrusive to the eye. They are totally versatile enough to mix and match with bedding you already have as well as this green reads like grey almost.


What do you think of it in Olive? I think it's a beautiful colour way, more moody and masculine looking than the lighter shades. Would look terrific in a grey-blue room or striped wall paper. In this colour way, I'd definitely get it with matching duvet covers as opposed to mixing and matching as I'd do with the lighter shades.


Linen Tea Towels 

These make doing the dishes just a bit funner ( or give you a nice reward for doing them at least with its linen-ey softness to your hands )



The Isobel Throw 

I love the pattern and the oat meal colour way of this throw. I can imagine it being a super elegant piece for a couch or a bed or maybe even a blanket for yourself flying on a plane? Very versatile and beautiful piece. 



It's awesome that they have a real life store open up in Hawksburn, here in Melbourne. Most linen retailers operate on an online only basis which means if you're in Melbourne, you have the chance to test out the linens and to have a feel of them before buying.
Check out their website here for more information 

499 Malvern Road
South Yarra 
03 9827 0781


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)