Thursday, March 1, 2018

NEW DISCOVERIES : Home Union NYC

1960's Robert Sonneman 'lollipop' table lamp here. Really unique and beautiful ornamental lighting floats my boat 

Beyond cool ' totem ' candles here. I love the colour ways and the fact they look like salt and pepper shakers 

I'm one of those people who are always hankering after something ' better '... It gives off an impression of perfectionism and not always seeing the greatness of what one does have ( guilty... ) but when I see great shops like Home union here, it really does reiterate this belief that the grass is always greener on the other side.

It's quite literally the other side too with the shop being located in Brooklyn, New York City. Founded by Meghan Lavery and Daniel King who both hail from design and fashion backgrounds, they now offer some of the best " Where did you get that!? " pieces around in their stunning shop.  I came across them on Instagram and have fell in love with their taste and vision. Some of my favourites ( which unfortunately are no longer on the website ) include lucite side tables and their past lighting pieces.

Beautiful blue velvet Mid century day bed here. The cylinder cushion really gives this piece its special touch 


1970's Vladimir Kagan Lucite ' Barrel ' Chair here 

I've absolutely fallen in love with Lucite furniture for its futuristic, modern styled apartment vibe. My dream would be to have two lucite side tables dressed up with beautiful little boxes and candles as my night stands. They're just super versatile and are gorgeous to look at.

1960's Selig Green Velvet Sofa here
Although being a piece from the 60's, this couch is actually quite modern looking as if it was made only a couple of years ago. I love green as an accent colour for interiors as well as clothing and fashion. I find it's quite suitable for a lot of different hair colours and skin tones and instantly brightens up the face ( or room for that matter! ). I'd keep things super neutral for this green gem with some beige and tonal cushions with minimal to no colour.

Vintage pink velvet waterfall benches here. Pink velvet is really having a huge moment trend wise. It all stems from the Sketch London restaurant, in my opinion. 

Mid Century Chrome Mushroom floor lamp here. Of course it wouldn't be a PFF post without some kind of metallic chrome lighting
Home Union's instagram is beautiful and you can tell they put a lot of work into their store. I suggest giving them a follow if you're into what you've seen in this post. Eclectic but also understated, two very coveted vibes to get right.

PS. My latest piece about a Modernist home with height to boot is here at Estliving, the interior design website that I write and intern for.

369 Hooper Street, Brooklyn, NY
( 347 ) 987-4899


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)