Friday, May 18, 2018

A STUNNING APARTMENT IN SWEDEN FOR SALE



There is definitely something about kitchens and their seamless way of communicating the story of the family ( or couple, or single ) that lives there

I have to say, it feels so good to be doing this again. Blogging about amazing homes and good interiors, it literally fulfils a part of me that hasn't been nurtured in a while in lieu of studying and getting as good a marks as possible at uni. Now i'm heading into my break, I'll totally have more time to focus on PFF and pick up where I left off as best as possible.

I came across this amazing apartment on one of my favourite online interiors haunts Gravity Home. They always find the kind of homes I love and this gem in Sweden is another example of how they get it right each time. This apartment is situated in Brf Stinsen and has been listed on Alvhem which appears to be a real estate agency in Gothenburg.

What really captured me to this home is the beautiful wallpaper just behind the dining table. I love a wallpaper feature, especially when its in a dining or communal area. The owner has managed to strike a beautiful harmony by keeping everything else tonal and minimal and letting the wallpaper sing its song of colour throughout the space.

I love older styled homes for all the intricate details that new builders can try to fake but really, will never be able to achieve. Older homes are a slight obsession for me because of their time-machine powers as well as their aesthetic value  



What's terrific about this dining area is the proof that you can mix colours upon colours and patterns upon patterns and avoid overwhelm. Just look at this space here. There's flowers on the walls, inca inspired textiles on the floor and cushions that follow suit in its energy. But it all manages to eschew any sense of jarring-ness and actually communicate a homey, warm and inviting vibe. It's the exact type of style I like. Loads of personality but welcoming and inviting in its wake. 




My favourite detail? The white brick style tile on the walls - love it ! 

An all white bathroom is elegant, clean and simple. Three things we all want to achieve and is the benchmark of any timeless home. Proving that brightness and lightness elevate any space, this apartment is such a versatile and lively foundation for ultimately any project or aesthetic vision. A lush outdoor area is the cherry on the cake for this apartment. The green is a perfect backdrop for summer lunches or just a cup of tea alone on a Sunday. 



I love balconies because they just embody homey weekend living. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)