Tuesday, May 22, 2018

BLUEPRINT FOR MY FUTURE APARTMENT

See the entire home right here

I'm going crazy for Alvhem, the Swedish real estate website which I mentioned in my previous post. The vibes, colours and looks for all these homes are beyond stunning and I'm drawing a lot of inspiration for the future through their styling.

It's actually insane how fast taste changes. In the time span between when I stopped blogging and right now, my taste has changed dramatically. What I used to preach and pander on about " Drama, colour, movement " is something that's quickly fading into the background to make way for.... nothingness. No colour,  no movement. Just stillness and pared back colours and textures ( or lack there of )


The oatmeal and dust coloured bedding completes the bedroom to make it truly a nest of comfort for the owner 

This apartment grabbed my attention immediately. We tend to go through thousands of photos in a month of idyllic surroundings, rooms and destinations but rarely do we ever find the " OMG" moment. This was it for me, I found my oh my god moment. This room is the blueprint for wherever I move out to in the future. Most likely, it will be an apartment and although that thought brings joy to me, it also stirs up fear as well since my last three living situations came with awful neighbours who made my life hell. 


Clear, glass vases are sparkling to the eye and inject an immediate 'clean' and 'sharp' feel to any room 


The gorgeous thing about this apartment, is that it has all the good parts about the Scandi look minus the 'budget' vibe that came with it as the trend set deeper and deeper into the interior design world. I love the colours here, the natural fibers and the no fuss, no detail cleanliness that comes about that. My favourite pieces of furniture has got to be the round, white dining table and the wooden chairs. The entire apartment is decked out in only around ten colours with four being the leaders of the medley.
Although colour is receding further and further away for me in relevance, I will always have a place for it in my heart. I always feel like reiterating that because I don't see myself as one of those people who 'hate' colour. But when I look at my own life I never wear it or use it. But I love it... colour is an emotional experience for me, I can't let go of it completely. I suppose it's not being forgotten entirely, but rather it's taking a different turn.



This shot compelled me to save it to my computer because of how similar the set out is to the apartments that you find in Melbourne. All the other apartments on Alvhem are perfect but the design and aesthetic is really something that is more common in Europe and not in Australia. With this one, the design is generic, I've seen it many, many times on real estate websites in Melbourne and so it was a realistic and helpful choice for what is immediately achievable. 

Avoiding colour and pattern guarantees the home to have a more calming and serene atmosphere - two things I'm always trying to seek more of in life 

Another thing that I love about this apartment is that its look is easy and inexpensive to achieve. You can virtually get everything you see at Ikea and that's absolutely fine by me. There's no shame in shopping there like some people think there is. If you're a young person, realistically, where else are you going to go? If you have a good eye, nobody will care where you get your items from. Trust me, I and everybody I know do it all the time.


The best part is that I won't have to spend a fortune to complete this look for when the big day comes of me moving out again. What's the blue print for your future apartment or ideal home?



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. IKR! I used to be an advocate for pops of colour throughout the house, but not so much anymore. I love it in other peoples homes though...

      Delete

Don't be shy ;-)